The 60th Annual Labor Day Bridge Walk
Join us for the annual opportunity to walk the 5-mile Mackinac Bridge. St. Ignace hosts the start of the walk each year and transportation is available to return you to St. Ignace after this awe-inspiring walk. Free parking and shuttle service to the starting line is available at Little Bear East Arena (275 Marquette Street) in St. Ignace.
**NEW IN 2017**
1. The Mackinac Bridge will be closed to regular traffic from 6:30am until 12 noon, to ensure the safety of the walkers. It will ONLY be open to emergency vehicles and bus shuttles during this time!
2. The walk officially begins at 7:00am. No one will be permitted to walk after 10:00am, so arrive early. Buses will pick up any walkers still on the bridge starting at 11:30am. All 4 lanes will reopen to traffic promptly at noon.
3. Text alerts are available from the Mackinac Bridge Authority on your cell phone. To opt in to this text alert system:
- Text “mackinacbridgewalk2017” to 67283
- Users will receive a reply “Welcome to the Mackinac Bridge Walk 2017”, verifying participation in the text alerting system for the event.
- Messages will automatically stop on September 5.
Bridge Walk rules and map are available at mackinacbridge.org.